If you are a vegetarian, it is highly likely that your favourite delicacy is none other than the Shahi Paneer which offers a taste of savoury and strong Indian spices.
In this post, we will be learning how to prepare the Shahi Paneer recipe which is one of the simplest recipes to try out at your home. Instead of ordering online, it’s better to cook the popular Indian delicacy right in your kitchen. This way, you will be completely safe from adulteration and unhygienic cooking conditions.
For making shahi paneer at home, we will be using all organic Orco Spices for preparing the dish of shahi paneer. As we all know that the spices at Orco are completely free from pesticides, chemical fertilisers and other harmful agents. Therefore, using the organic spices in this dish will give you authentic Indian taste with all the health benefits along with them.
Let’s dive into the ingredients which you will be needing for the preparation of Shahi Paneer.
Ingredients for Shahi Paneer:
- 500 grams Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 5 Tomatoes (medium-sized)
- 2 green chilies
- 1-inch-long Ginger piece
- 2 tbsp Ghee or oil
- 1 tsp Orco organic shahi paneer masala
- 1/2 tsp Orco organic cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Orco organic turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Orco organic coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Orco organic red chili powder
- 25-30 (2 tbsp) cashews
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) malai or cream
- 1/4 tsp Orco organic garam masala
- 3/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp green coriander (finely chopped)
- Soak the cashews in water for half an hour before grounding them into a fine paste. Cut the paneer slab into square chunks of required size.
- Grind tomatoes, ginger and green chili in a mixer grinder to make a paste. Pour the paste in a bowl.
- Heat ghee in a pan or ‘kadhai.’ When ghee is hot, add cumin seeds and sauté them for a couple of minutes. Add turmeric powder and coriander powder. Sauté for few minutes and then add the tomato paste.
- Stir constantly in medium flame and sauté the ingredients. At this point, add garam masala, shahi paneer masala and further cook for some time.
- Now it’s time to add cashew paste and malai to the masala and sauté until oil starts separating from it.
- Add water as desired to make gravy or required consistency. Also, add salt and red chili powder according to taste.
- When the gravy starts simmering, drop the paneer chunks and cook on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes so that paneer chunks absorb all the spices. Shahi paneer sabzi is now ready, turn off the flame and add some green coriander to garnish.
This was the perfect way to prepare shahi paneer right at your home. Wasn’t it easy? All you need is the right quantity of pure and authentic organic spices. We, at ORCO have a wide range of spices that includes natural black salt, organic jeera sabut, organic methi, organic shahi paneer masala, tandoori masala, kitchen king and lot more. We have pledged to provide our customers with the best in the market, natural, chemical-free and tastiest organic spices.