To make the perfect Restaurant Style Shahi Paneer Recipe at your home, all you need is organic Shahi Paneer masala for getting the authentic taste.
Here we’ve got the best shahi paneer recipe for you. Deliciously flavourful, aromatic, rich, creamy, and restaurant style paneer gravy with Orco Shahi Paneer Masala. It will surely become your new favourite paneer dish at home.
The original and authentic shahi paneer is actually from Mughalai cuisine. It is made with white gravy with onion and yogurt. No tomatoes or tomato gravy is added. Full of cashew nuts, saffron and aromatic organic flavourful spices.
This recipe is the tastiest restaurant style version of shahi paneer you will ever have. Of course, it is inspired by the Mughlai version but with a completely different taste profile. Tomatoes and Orco organic spices along with saffron and aromatics are used here, so it delivers a beautiful orangey red colour gravy just like typical restaurant style gravies.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving):
- Calories: 403kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 104mg
- Potassium: 399mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 6g
- Vitamin A: 1409IU
- Vitamin C: 21mg
- Calcium: 317mg
- Iron: 1mg
- 450 g Paneer (cut into wedges)
- 10 Cashew nuts (30g)
- 1 tbsp Ghee or clarified butter
- 1 tsp Orco Organic cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Orco Organic fennel seeds
- 2 Orco Organic cloves
- 1/4 tsp Orco Organic cinnamon powder
- 3 Orco Organic green cardamoms
- 1 Red Chilli (Whole)
- 1/4 tsp Orco Organic turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Orco Organic coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Orco Organic chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Orco Organic Shahi Paneer Masala
- 2 Red onions (cut into wedges)
- 1 Small pinch saffron 8-10 threads
- 4 Tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 2 Large garlic cloves
- 2 cm Ginger piece
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 250 ml water
- Soak the cashew nuts in hot water for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Warm up the heavy cream in the microwave for a few seconds. Take the saffron strands, crush and add to the warm cream. Mix and keep it aside for 15 minutes, the saffron will release its flavors and colour into the cream.
- Heat the ghee or clarified butter in a pan on medium heat. Now add the onions, ginger, garlic, red chili, Orco Organic cloves, Orco Organic cinnamon powder, Orco Organic cumin seeds, Orco Organic fennel seeds and Orco Organic cardamoms. Also, add ⅓ cup of water and turn the heat on medium. Let it cook for 8-10 minutes or till the onions become soft. Keep aside and let it cool down.
- Now make three kinds of purees in the following order: First, make the cashew nut paste. Then grind the cooked onions into a fine paste and then grind the chopped tomatoes into a puree.
- Heat the ghee or clarified butter in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the prepared onion paste.
- Cook while stirring occasionally till the paste becomes thick. It may take around 5-6 minutes. Now add tomato puree and salt.
- Mix the ingredients well together, cook till all the moisture evaporates and the mixture becomes a thick paste. Keep stirring in between and make sure that it does not stick to the sides or the bottom of the pan. If it is spluttering too much then you can partially cover the pan.
- Now add Orco Organic red chili powder, Orco Organic coriander powder, Orco Organic turmeric powder and Orco Organic Shahi Paneer masala. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Now add the cashew nut paste and some water.
- Let the gravy simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Add the paneer wedges. Mix and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add saffron-cream mixture. Mix and let it come to a simmer.
- Lastly, add Orco Organic cardamom powder and turn off the stove.
- Stir well and it is ready to serve.
Soft, creamy delicious restaurant style Shahi Paneer is a true celebration of rich flavours and treasured Orco Organic spices. Scoop this tasty vegetarian curry up with a hot paratha, naan or roti. If you’re not a bread lover, this Shahi Paneer can also be paired beautifully with rice, should you wish to opt for a simple curry and rice bowl for dinner. Make it as a stand-alone hero dish, or as a spectacular addition to any North Indian-style thali, we’re sure you’ll love it. So, what are you waiting for? Grab our bestseller Orco Organic Shahi Paneer Masala and try this delicious recipe out for yourself.
The brand ORCO not only conveys the need of a shift that we must make towards organic, but it also signifies purity and authenticity. Orco offers a wide range of spices and seeds including organic golden milk masala, organic cumin seeds, organic cinnamon powder, organic turmeric powder, organic cloves, and seeds like chia seeds, flax seeds and a lot more. We have pledged to provide our customers with the best in the market, natural, chemical-free and tastiest organic spices.