Tasty and Healthy Super Easy Rajma Recipe that you can make the fastest with Organic Spices from ORCO
Rajma masala or rajma curry is a popular dish, especially in North India. Made with kidney beans and tasty spices, this dish is the perfect accompaniment to either rice or chapati. In this blog, we will look at an easy rajma recipe with organic spices along with the method of preparation.
There are many restaurants that have different ways of making rajma but none can give the taste that an authentic home-cooked meal does. This easy rajma recipe follows an age-old tradition and we guarantee you will love it. You can use an instant pot or a normal kadhai to make this version of rajma curry with Organic Spices.
Take one cup of kidney beans and rinse it a couple of times so the dirt comes off. Soak this amount of rajma overnight for about 7 to 8 hours before you are going to cook it. After soaking the kidney beans for this long, wash them a few more times and throw out the water.
- Three tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Orco Organic cumin powder
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 large finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic garlic powder
- Three crushed green chillies
- ¼ teaspoon Orco Organic turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Orco Organic coriander powder
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic garam masala powder
Now, let us take a step by step look at how to make the main dish using Orco Organic Spices.
- In this first step, take the soaked and rinsed rajma and put it in a pressure cooker. Cover the rajma with enough water. Allow this to cook for 15 to 20 minutes and around 20 whistles. You can decrease this time based on if you want the rajma to be a little harder. Keep the cooker aside.
- In a kadhai, add the butter and after it melts, add the Orco Organic cumin. Once they sputter, add the onions and fry for a minute or two.
- Add the Orco Organic ginger powder, Orco Organic garlic granules and chillies and fry for another minute or so.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté well. Do this until the oil from the tomatoes separates.
- Now, add each of the masalas one by one. Mix this entire mixture thoroughly and fry until the smell of the masalas changes from the raw smell to a more aromatic one. We’re almost at the end of this easy rajma recipe.
- To this mixture, take the cooked rajma, and after straining all the water out of it, add it to the kadai. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Now, add about two-three cups of the water that the rajma cooked into the mixture. Allow this to cook on a medium flame until the gravy thickens a little bit. If it seems like the gravy is too watery, add about a spoon of corn flour mixed with a few spoons of water to the gravy and allow it to thicken.
- Take off the stove, garnish with coriander leaves, and serve with hot white rice or butter naan.
- And there your super easy and tasty Rajma curry ready with Orco Organic spices, that add unmatchable flavour and aroma to your dishes.
This simply delicious meal is one that is also super healthy and nutritious. Enjoy this easy rajma recipe and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Orco Organic spices carry the added benefit of being completely devoid of harmful chemicals that are otherwise used during cultivation and processing. Orco’s Organic spices are grown without synthetic pesticides and GMOs and is 100% organic certified. Shop now!
The brand ORCO not only conveys the need of a shift that we must make towards organic, but it also signifies purity and authenticity. Orco offers a wide range of spices and seeds including organic mutton spice, organic chana masala, organic cinnamon powder, organic black pepper whole, organic cloves, and seeds like organic sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds, white and brown sesame seeds, flax seeds and a lot more.