Hariyali Paneer Tikka Recipe is not only for the seasoned cooks but for the one who want to try something new on weekends.
If you are looking for a great vegetarian appetiser for your grilling party, then look no further than this - Hariyali Paneer Tikka Recipe is here! Cubes of paneer marinated with yoghurt, Orco Organic spices like Garam Masala, Ginger Powder, Garlic Powder in a paste made with coriander and mint, this is best enjoyed with a squeeze of lemon and some green coriander chutney on the side.
We all love paneer tikka, don’t we? Paneer marinated with yoghurt, spices or seasoning and then cooked until charred. It is the one of the most popular Indian vegetarian appetisers. You would find it on the menu of every Indian restaurant. While the classic paneer tikka is great, sometimes we get bored of making the same thing all the time. So, we thought of changing things up a bit and sharing a new easy and tasty Hariyali Paneer Tikka recipe.
Here are the main ingredients and what they bring to the dish:
Paneer: since Paneer is the main ingredient here, good quality paneer will make all the difference to this dish. In India, there is a tradition of making paneer at home, you can use that or use the store-bought one. When using the store-bought paneer, remember to soak it in lukewarm water for about 15-20 minutes and then use it for the recipe.
Veggies: Along with paneer, onions and peppers are also added to the marinade to add that extra crunch and flavour. You should cut both the onions and peppers and then separate the petals of onion and use for the recipe. Using a mix of green and red peppers here will make the final dish look even more pleasing and attractive.
Green Chutney: The hariyali (green) chutney is made with coriander, mint, ginger, chilies, garlic and some lemon juice. For a brighter green colour, you can also add some spinach leaves but that's optional.
Yoghurt: To make the marinade for the tikka, use thick yoghurt. If you have homemade yoghurt which isn’t thick enough, drain using a strainer for around 4 hours and then use it for this recipe or you can also use Greek yoghurt.
Spices & Seasonings: There are also a bunch of Orco Organic spices that are used in the recipe like Garam Masala, Coriander powder, Ginger Powder, Garlic Powder, Pink Salt and some chaat masala. There’s also kasuri methi ( known as dried fenugreek leaves) added for that wonderful aroma. Using mustard oil is a must for that flavour in tikka. It also helps in keeping the tikka softer. If you don’t have mustard oil, you can use any other oil.
Sattu: For those who don’t know what sattu is, it is flour made with roasted bengal gram. A simple trick of using it in such recipes at the very end, results in all that tasty marinade sticking to the paneer and veggies nicely and evenly.. If you don’t have sattu, roast some besan and use that in the recipe, that’ll also work the same way.
Check out the quantity of ingredients for preparing Hariyali Paneer Tikka recipe:
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Medium Capsicums / Peppers
- 300 grams Paneer
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- ½ cup Mint leaves
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 2 Green Chilies (as required)
- 1 Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Ginger Powder
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Orco Himalayan Pink Salt
- 3 tablespoons Yoghurt / Curd
- 1½ teaspoon Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Oil
- 1½ tablespoons Sattu/Besan Flour
- To a blender add coriander, mint, ginger, garlic, green chilli, Orco Organic Pink Salt and juice of 1/2 lemon. Blend until it's a coarse paste.
- Transfer this to a large bowl. To that bowl, now add yoghurt. Mix until combined.
- Add kasuri methi, Orco Organic Garam Masala, Orco Organic Coriander Powder, Orco Organic Ginger Powder, Orco Organic Garlic powder and chaat masala. Mix well to combine.
- Then add mustard oil. If you don't have mustard oil you can use any other oil but mustard oil is highly recommended here for a better flavour.
- Whisk the mix until everything is well combined and you have a smooth marinade.
- Add onion, peppers or capsicum and paneer cubes. Toss the paneer cubes and veggies with the marinade until it's all well coated with it.
- Now, add sattu or besan flour and mix until the paneer and veggies are well coated with the marinade. Adding sattu at the end helps the marinade stick to the paneer cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat the pan.
- After 1 hour, take the wooden skewers (soak them in water for 30 minutes before using in the recipe) and arrange the paneer and veggies alternating with each other on the skewers. Make all skewers similarly.
- Spray the pan with oil. Place the skewers on it and then let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Char while rotating the skewer every few minutes until the paneer and veggies have a nice golden brown colour. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Serve Hariyali Paneer Tikka with green coriander chutney or mint chutney and lemon wedge on the side. You can also sprinkle some chaat masala before serving.
The brand ORCO not only conveys the need of a shift that we must make towards organic, but it also signifies purity and authenticity. Orco offers a wide range of spices and seeds including organic nutmeg whole, organic cinnamon powder, organic turmeric powder, organic cloves, and seeds like chia seeds, white and brown sesame seeds, flax seeds and a lot more. We have pledged to provide our customers with the best in the market, natural, chemical-free and tastiest organic spices.