No Products in the Cart
Tandoori aloo or aloo tikka is one of our favourite starter dishes which we order often in restaurants. This recipe posted here shares a healthy pan grilling method for cooking the potatoes instead of frying. The tandoori aloo tikka recipe uses curd for marination, usually, the potatoes need to be marinated for a couple of hours, but you can also marinate them overnight and keep it in the refrigerator.
Authentic Tandoori recipes are made in a special clay oven called Tandoor. The vegetables or meat are marinated and then they are grilled in the Tandoor. However, when making these recipes at home, we would recommend using the air fryer, oven or a grill pan. All you need to do is marinate the potatoes along with your choice of vegetables and cook. It serves as a great appetiser or starter dish for dinner parties or potluck. This tandoori aloo tikka is also gluten-free.
Here is the recipe for Tandoori Aloo Tikka:
• 250 grams baby potatoes or regular potatoes
• ½ cup hung curd or thick curd
• 1 tablespoon besan (or gram flour)
• ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Ginger Powder
• ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Garlic Powder
• ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Ajwain
• ½ to 2 teaspoons Orco Organic Red Chilli Powder
• ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Garam Masala Powder
• 1 teaspoon Chaat masala powder
• 1 teaspoon Orco Organic Coriander Powder
• ⅛ teaspoon Orco Organic Turmeric Powder
• Orco Organic Black Salt (as required)
• oil as required for brushing for pan grilling
Prepping and Marination:
• First, parboil or half cook 250 grams of baby potatoes. If pressure cooking, then just pressure cook for 1 whistle. Drain the potatoes very well.
• Let them become warm and peel them. Halve them if they are larger in size. Keep aside.
• Take 1/2 cup thick curd or hung curd in a mixing bowl.
• Add the following spices - ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Ginger Powder, ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Garlic Powder, ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Ajwain, ½ to 2 teaspoon Orco Organic Red Chilli Powder, ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Garam Masala Powder, 1 teaspoon Chaat masala powder, 1 teaspoon Orco Organic Coriander Powder, ⅛ teaspoon Orco Organic Turmeric Powder and Orco Organic Black Salt as required. Mix very well.
• Now add 1 tablespoon besan or gram flour. Again mix very well.
• Mix the ingredients very well. Check the taste of the marination and add more Orco Organic Black Salt if required.
• Now add the potatoes to the curd marination.
• Mix very well. Cover and allow marinating for 30 minutes or for a couple of hours.
• Heat some oil in a shallow grill pan. Thread the potatoes on a skewer and place them on the grill pan.
• On a low to medium flame grill them from every side.
• When one side becomes slightly crisp and cooked, turn each skewer and grill the other sides.
• Grill till the potatoes become crisp and the marination masala coating the potatoes, has also become crisp and golden.
• Place aloo tikka on a kitchen paper towel.
• Serve the tandoori aloo with mint chutney accompanied with onion and lemon slices. You can also sprinkle some chaat masala on top of the aloo tikka while serving.
• For a vegan version of tandoori aloo, you can use cashew yoghurt or almond yoghurt. It’ll give a really nice taste and flavour to the marination for the tandoori aloo tikka.
• This recipe of Tandoori Aloo Tikka goes very well as a starter snack. You can also wrap them in chapati rolls and serve them as a wholesome wrap.
The brand ORCO not only conveys the need of a shift that we must make towards organic, but it also signifies purity and authenticity. Orco offers a wide range of spices and seeds including organic nutmeg whole, organic cinnamon powder, organic turmeric powder, organic cloves, and seeds like organic chia seeds, white and brown sesame seeds, flax seeds and a lot more. We have pledged to provide our customers with the best in the market, natural, chemical-free and tastiest organic spices.