Paneer Matar Makhana curry recipe is easy to make and take moderate time for cooking. Once made, it’s going to light up your dinner.
Paneer Matar Makhana Curry is a super nutritious and rich Indian curry recipe made with roasted foxnuts (Phool makhana), cottage cheese (paneer), green peas, and cashew nuts in onion tomato gravy. This makhana curry recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian, and goes well with all Indian breads. This Paneer Matar Makhana curry recipe is also called Paneer Matar Makhana, Paneer Phool Makhane ki sabzi, Paneer Makhana Kaju curry recipe.
In India, Makhana is generally served during Hindu fasting as it contains all the required nutrients during fasting. It’s actually the puffed lotus seeds or the puffed fox nuts that have high nutritional and medicinal values. These seeds are loaded with nutrients and are a good source of protein, calcium, and iron. These are good healthy snacks for kids and adults. Paneer is a great source of protein and goes very well with this Matar Makhana curry. You can also replace paneer with mushrooms or tofu if you are a vegan or simply skip paneer in this makhana curry.
Here is the recipe for Paneer Matar Makhana Curry starting with the required ingredients.
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cups roasted makhana
- ¼ cup cashews
- 150 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream (coconut cream for vegan)
- ¼ cup green peas
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large tomato
- Orco Organic Pink Salt to taste
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Orco Organic Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Orco Organic Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Orco Organic Garam Masala
- In a vessel, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or oil, add the cashews and roast them till golden brown. Transfer on to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan add makhana and roast them on very low heat for 4-5 minutes until they are crisp, keep stirring them in between so that Makhana doesn't burn. Once done transfer onto a plate and set it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the same pan, add onion and sauté till golden brown. Add green chilli, tomato, and sauté till the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Turn off the flame and allow it to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture into a blender jar with ¼ cup of water and blend to a smooth puree.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon ghee in the same pan, add Orco Organic cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add Orco Organic Red Chilli Powder, mix well and sauté for a few seconds on medium-low flame. Adding Orco Organic Red Chilli Powder at this stage gives a nice colour to the dish.
- Add the prepared onion tomato puree and mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until the oil/ghee begins to separate from the mixture.
- Add Orco Organic Turmeric Powder, Orco Organic Coriander Powder, Orco Organic Pink Salt and mix well and sauté for another minute.
- Add paneer (cottage cheese), roasted makhanas, roasted cashews, green peas, 1 cup of water, stir well and simmer the curry over low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Lastly, sprinkle Orco Organic garam masala powder and fresh cream and mix well. Turn off the gas.
- Garnish with coriander, squeeze some lime juice and serve hot with poori, parathas or jeera rice.
This simply delicious meal is one that is also super healthy and nutritious. Enjoy this nutritious Paneer Matar Makhana Curry recipe and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Orco Organic spices carry the added benefit of being completely devoid of harmful chemicals that are otherwise used during cultivation and processing. Orco’s Organic spices are grown without synthetic pesticides and GMOs and are 100% organic. Shop now!
The brand ORCO not only conveys the need of a shift that we must make towards organic, but it also signifies purity and authenticity. Orco offers a wide range of spices and seeds including organic mutton spice, organic chana masala, organic cinnamon powder, organic black pepper whole, organic cloves, and seeds like organic sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds, white and brown sesame seeds, flax seeds and a lot more.