Organic Brown Rice Khichdi
by Organic Condiments on October 16, 2020
Try this new Khichdi Recipe made Organic Brown Rice. We guarantee you will love this dish. This process of cooking yields a gravy dish which is used as your main dish and can be consumed directly with curd or chutney.
- 1 tsp organic jeera / cumin
- 1/4 tsp organic turmeric/haldi
- 1 tsp organic mustard
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- Pinch of organic hing asafoetida
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1/2 cup brown rice soaked 2 hours
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3.5 cup water
- 1 tsp organic ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup organic moong dal soaked 20 min 1 green chilli slit
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- In a pressure cooker sauté mustard and jeera till it starts spluttering.
- Put the flame off and add 1 bay leaf and pinch of hing .
- Add the onion, sprinkle a bit of water, turn on the flame and sauté till it turns translucent.
- Now add 1 ginger garlic paste and 1 green chilli, sauté well.
- Then add 1 tomato and sauté till it turns soft and mushy.
- Add 1/4 tbsp turmeric, 3/4 tbsp salt and sauté.
- Add in the rice and moong daal.
- Sauté on low flame for a minute or till moong dal turns aromatic.
- Pour 31/2 cup of water and stir well.
- Pour 4-5 cups of water if looking for watery consistency.
- Pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Once the pressure settles, mix gently adding 2 tbsp coriander leaves.