Brown Rice Khichdi Recipe For Healthier You
by Organic Condiments on October 16, 2020
Brown Rice Khichdi Recipe will bring, on your plate, a healthier and more nutritional version of the regular khichdi as brown rice are filled with extra nutrients and fibre.
When you are tired, feeling bored or had heavy lunch, the best remedy turns out to be the khichdi. It is easy to make, healthy and aromatic food. Khichdi is usually cooked in the dinner when no other option comes into mind. However, we have here this brown rice khichdi recipe which will further enhance the nutritional value of the regular khichdi you are having. Let’s jump into the required ingredients and the steps to get the organic khichdi on your platter.
- 1 tsp organic jeera / cumin
- 1/4 tsp organic turmeric/haldi
- 1 tsp organic mustard
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- Pinch of organic hing asafoetida
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1/2 cup brown rice soaked 2 hours
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3.5 cup water
- 1 tsp organic ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup organic moong dal soaked 20 min 1 green chilli slit
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
The ingredients we just mention above are sufficient to serve four members. If there are less or more members in your family, do alter the ingredients proportionately. Always cook food which is sufficient and never waste the left-over food.
- In a pressure cooker sauté mustard and jeera till it starts spluttering.
- Put the flame off and add 1 bay leaf and pinch of hing to avoid burning.
- Add the onion, sprinkle a bit of water, turn on the flame and sauté till it turns translucent.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilli, sauté well.
- Then add 1 tomato and sauté till it turns soft and mushy.
- Add the organic turmeric powder and organic salt to taste and sauté.
- Add in the organic brown rice and moong daal.
- Sauté on low flame for a minute or till moong dal turns aromatic.
- Pour 31/2 cup of water and stir well.
- Pour 4-5 cups of water if you want watery consistency of the khichdi.
- Pressure cook for 5 whistles and turn off the flame.
- Your healthy brown rice khichdi recipe is now ready.
- But before opening the cooker lid, let the pressure settle. Open the lid and mix gently after adding 2 tbsp coriander leaves.
This delicious brown rice khichdi recipe can also be prepared without onion and garlic is case you want to make it for rituals of some ceremony. It takes half an hour at max to finish the recipe from start to your platter and is best for those low-energy days when you can’t stand in the kitchen for long. We, at ORCO have a wide range of spices that includes natural black salt, organic cinnamon powder, organic methi, organic shahi paneer masala, organic tandoori masala, organic mutton masala, kitchen king and lot more. We have pledged to provide our customers with the best in the market, natural, chemical-free and tastiest organic spices.