When Matar and Paneer comes together, they create one of the best combinations of savour. And when charged with organic spices, it becomes the best matar paneer recipe you can ever prepare.
Well, well, well. This Matar Paneer Recipe is favourite of many as they order it as the first main course whenever going for dinner in a restaurant. But what if you could prepare this Paneer dish right at your home and avoid the risk of going out in a restaurant since covid-19 pandemic hasn’t yet completed wiped out. Check out the number of ingredients you might need and once, you are all set, follow the steps for a good old hygienic, safe and delicious matar paneer dish.
- 2 medium sized onions roughly chopped
- 6/7 pods of garlic
- 1-inch price of ginger roughly chopped
- 1 big green chilli or according to your taste
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp jeera
- 2 tbsp refined oil, ghee or butter
- 2 small Organic Bay Leaves
- 1tsp ORCO's Red Chilli Powder
ORCO's Pink Salt to taste
- 2tsp ORCO's Coriander Powder
- 1/2tsp ORCO Garam Masala
- 1/4 th tsp ORCO'S Turmeric Powder
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 1cup defrosted pea and boiled with a pinch of sugar
- 250g of paneer cubed and deep fried
These ingredients are measured to provide enough dish for a family of 4 members. If you want to prepare more matar paneer recipe for, say, six or eight members, then you can increase the measurements of all the ingredients proportionately to get the best possible taste. Always try to use the organic and hand-grounded spices to get the authentic Indian taste.
- Put the chopped onions, garlic, ginger, green chili, jeera and Kasoori Methi into a chutney jar and blend it into a paste.
- Heat a heavy bottomed 'Kadhai' and add 2 tbsp oil and let it heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough, put the jeera and the two bay leaves. Once jeera is done crackling, add the onion garlic paste into the kadhai and let it cook on low flame till it changes its colour into a darker shade.
- Add all dry masalas now along with ½ cup water and cook till the masalas come with oil.
- Grind the tomatoes in the same chutney jar.
- After pouring the tomato puree, add the boiled green peas.
- Cover and cook on low flame by stirring occasionally. Keep cooking till the gravy is well cooked.
- Now add Paneer cubes, mix well and add water to adjust seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for a few more minutes so that paneer cubes absorb the masala from the gravy and oil starts floating on the top surface.
- Switch off the flame and immediately sprinkle coriander, garam masala and Desi ghee.
- Cover and keep aside for a few minutes as you Matar Paneer Recipe circulate it aroma within.
- Serve the matar paneer sabji hot with rice, Chapati, paratha or naan.
As you follow our delicious and healthy dishes, you are going to become a chef of your house. Always try to go with the best quality spices and other food items which are only good for your health. We, at ORCO have a wide range of spices that includes organic pav bhaji masala, organic cinnamon powder, organic methi, organic chana masala, tandoori masala a lot more. We have pledged to provide our customers with the best in the market, natural, chemical-free and tastiest organic spices.